LEAGUE OF DOODS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ey dood, this is the place to talk about your favorite shows, video games, wrestling promotions, and so much more!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
We are currently working on an idea to add some roleplaying to the site. So stay tuned for LoD Creative to magically appear on the site soon!

Next Gen Games

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alveuss

Alveuss

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014, 3:16 pm

I'm going to assume that everyone here owns or plans to get an Xbox ONE and I was wondering what games everyone planned to get in the immediate future? I know I myself have a fairly big list of games I want to get (although it's extremely unlikely I'll get them all) and maybe some people know about games that nobody else does and others can learn more about them. Anyway here's the games I'm looking at.

Green = Games I'll have on Day 1
Red = Games I'll hopefully buy within the first week

Games I'll buy for sure:

Alien: Isolation
Batman: Arkham Knight
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Destiny
Dragon Age: Inquisition
FIFA 15
GTA 5
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Minecraft
Mortal Kombat X
Resident Evil: Original Remake
Wolfenstein: The New Order
WWE 2K15

Games I'm undecided on:

D4
Dying Light
EVOLVE
Far Cry 4
Final Fantasy 15
Forza 5
Kingdom Hearts 3
Quantum Break
Rainbow Six: Siege
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Sunset Overdrive
The Evil Within

Of course I'm not going to be buying all of those but those are the games I've been keeping my eye on and might end up getting. Anyway lets hear your guy's opinions.

Last edited by Alveuss on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 8:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
UFF

UFF

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyTue 18 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

Right Now I'm looking forward Arkham Night and Mortal Kombat X on Xbox 1. I was gonna get one this spring, but decided to push that till next fall. With Halo 5 coming out around that time, my brother will be leaning into me pretty hard to upgrade so we can play together.

Alien Isolation is pretty boss btw. Some people complained that the game is too hard and too long (idiots). But seeing as you're into Resident Evil too, you'll probably love it as much as I did. Working on a second playthrough now to pick up all the goodies I missed.

Next Gen Games 14134211
Back to top Go down
Alveuss

Alveuss

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014, 5:35 am

Yeah I've watched a fair amount of gameplay videos and stuff for it, not enough to ruin the plot or anything but enough to know that it'll probably be one of the first games I buy for the XB1.

Halo I'm not really a fan of at all. I played Reach, a little Halo 3 and that's enough for me to know that it just isn't my thing so I have 0 interest in the Masterchief collection or anything like that.

It's nice to know that some others will be buying MK (I think Twysted said he'd be buying it too at some point) but yeah, we'll have to play that together when we have it.

I also updated my first post to split the games I plan to buy eventually from the ones I'm unsure about.
Back to top Go down
Twysted

Twysted

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014, 9:40 am

Games I'm Definitely Getting:
Battlefield 4 or Battlefield Hardline
After playing Battlefield 3 and loving the slightly better community (never got too much hatemail unless I was knifing people constantly or going on my 100-X K/D sprees) as well as being able to wreck the surroundings, I know I'll be picking up either BF4 or Hardline.

Dead Rising 3
I don't care for zombies. After the whole zombie craze started I quickly became tired of it and I dislike Saints Row The Third simply because there are zombies. Its a concept I am tired of and wish would fade away for a while. However, I really enjoy DR2 because of the slight customization, the fact that I actually managed to care about a character (Chuck's daughter), and the fun of combining weapons. Seeing that at least the customization and weapon combining is back, that's more than enough for me to forgive it being a zombie game.

Dragon Age: Inquisition
The last Dragon Age I played was Dragon Age 2, and it was pretty meh compared to Origins and the Mass Effect series I was playing at the time. I love a good RPG and this seems like it will be far better than DA2 ever was.

Grand Theft Auto V
I don't really know why this is on the list, but it is. Never been a big fan of the GTA series and I'm not sure why. However, after watching my brother play GTA V and getting to mess about with it myself, I actually got to enjoy it. The story was nice and pieced together well and the online was great (despite the character customization which is another story for another time). Its probably on this list because once I trade up, I don't know how often I'll go back to my 360 and this is one of the better games I currently have access to. Also, first fucking person is going to be goddamn amazing.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection
I am getting this simply to play with my brother (and maybe whoever else is on). It is rare you will see me play any Halo game alone.

Minecraft
Same as GTA V, don't really know why this is here. Probably because its going to finally start feeling like the PC version.

Mortal Kombat X
Love the Mortal Kombat series, grew up with this as my childhood (in which my dad would always stomp my 7-year-old ass and then tell me to get better because I suck). Last one I played was Armageddon and I loved it, especially the racing thing it had and Kreate-A-Fighter (though Kreate-A-Fatality was such a big disappointment). Didn't get to play the reboot but plan on playing this one.

Rainbow Six: Siege
Love the Rainbow Six series. Its always been great at what it intends to do and there haven't really been too many heart-shattering letdowns when going from one game to the next (its usually always an improvement. Looking at you Elder Scrolls). Loved Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and sadly didn't get to play Rainbow 6 Patriots (or whatever the reboot or whatever it was in the series was). Definitely looking forward to this, especially after seeing pre-alpha multiplayer.

Saints Row: Gat Outta Hell [Saints Row IV re-release]
Love the Saints Row series, especially after Volition got to quit being a San Andreas clone and started making the series it wanted to make (over-the-top cheesiness). I already have 1 through 4, so might as well grab the next-gen re-release with a new expansion on it.

WWE 2k15
This is WWE 2k15, why would I not get it. Gotta support 2k so they can make WWE 2k16 the "Best Wrestling Game of the Past Decade".

Games I'm Undecided On:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Destiny
FIFA 15
Forza Horizon 2
Madden NFL 15
Metro Redux
NBA 2k15
Need for Speed Rivals
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Sunset Overdrive
Thief
Titanfall

This color means definite Day 1 purchase or will get ASAP.

Last edited by Twysted on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alveuss

Alveuss

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014, 9:55 am

Hmm, GTA I don't have on my list because I' have it on the 360 and while I do enjoy it, I never play it alone. I really didn't think many people would get this again but if enough do then I'm sure I could be convinced.

Battlefield is a similar story. Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3 I have and do enjoy but it sucks all kind of ass for me if I don't have many people to play it with on a fairly regular basis. Again if enough others buy it then I may be persuaded to buy Hardline.

It's been a while since I last played any sort of racing game, I'm not the best at nor am I really into cars or anything like that but it may be worth my while to give them another chance. I'd prefer Forza over NFS is I was to buy.

Metro I completely forgot about, not gonna lie. I don't know anything really about Redux but I think it's about time I start learning because it may be worthwhile to buy.

But yeah some good games on there. I will say that is you were to buy CoD or FIFA, I'm buying them both without a doubt so if you want someone to play with I'll be available and I know a few others who are too.
Back to top Go down
Twysted

Twysted

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyWed 19 Nov 2014, 10:06 am

I think many people will buy GTA again for the improved graphics, the first-person view, as well as the new missions, clothing, weapons, and vehicles they will be adding to it (and for those who enjoy singleplayer, the new missions they will be adding to that).

Battlefield 3 was probably one of the only war games I have actually played alone and enjoyed (the other is any Rainbow Six game). I haven't seen much from Hardline yet, but I'll probably end up with that over BF4 (mainly depends on the class customization options [such as what weapons I can and can't use within a certain class] as well as the amount of weapons and their customization options).

Its been a while since I played a Forza game (Forza 2 was actually the first and only one I ever played) and I grew with NFS. While nothing has been able to compare to Need for Speed: Underground 2 (by far the best in the entire series for several reasons), looking at what Rivals offers sounds far better than what the reboot of Most Wanted offered (which was awful). The thing that will probably lead me to buying Forza over NFS is the fact that you can't really pause NFS now because you're always online (which sucks and is completely stupid. Goddamn EA).

Never played a Metro game, only heard some things about it (good and bad) and I decided I might grab it for next-gen if I were to grab it.

If others are getting CoD and FIFA I will probably end up getting them at some point.
Back to top Go down
Alveuss

Alveuss

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 8:44 am

As it turns out I'm going to be buying a console bundle very soon which will include Fifa 15, GTA 5 and Forza 5 so yeah... That's a thing.
Back to top Go down
Alveuss

Alveuss

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014, 4:41 pm

So, its still early days but,GTA is fucking awesome in 1st person. Its actually making me want to play the story unlike the 360 version. It honestly feels like a completely different game and, Twysted, Dash, you'll love this part, to me feels a lot like Payday. It's worth buying again if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Twysted

Twysted

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014, 6:18 pm

Alveuss wrote:
So, its still early days but,GTA is fucking awesome in 1st person. Its actually making me want to play the story unlike the 360 version. It honestly feels like a completely different game and, Twysted, Dash, you'll love this part, to me feels a lot like Payday. It's worth buying again if you ask me.
Knew that was gonna be a thing. 

From the footage I saw of it, as well as watching a friend play it, its incredible. Its something brand new to the series and it doesn't fail.

I figured with first person, and it being the crime-fest it was, it'd feel like Payday, especially the heists. Once the heists come out for GTA, combine that with first person and it'll be a nice replacement for Payday (at least until Overkill decides to remake Payday 2 for next gen, which they probably will and there is a very good chance that it'll be up to par with the PC version, giving us a straight jump into amazingness).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Gen Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Gen Games   Next Gen Games Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Gen Games
Page 1 of 1